A massive, massive thanks goes out to John Hansen for awarding me with this; I’m honestly at a bit of a loss for anything to say because I’ll bite, I’m not the most … punctual of bloggers. I’m probably not the most bearable, either, what with all my rambling which, quite honestly, half the time I don’t even know what it’s about. Anyways, John runs a tight ship over at The Incessant Droning of a Bored Writer, a very entertaining blog with a lot of great eBook recommendations, reviews, and interviews.
Of course … I don’t have a speech prepared; I’ve not been blogging for too long, but there’s something different about this time around. Normally, I’ll start a blog and it’ll fizzle out within a short period of time, but I actually feel enthusiastic about this one. Okay, my track record has not been great. I’m enjoying what I’m doing here, though, and looking to up the ante very soon – I just hope you all enjoy what I do here, too. (If not, I’m open to suggestions!)
Now, how this works is:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 5-7 deserving blogging buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them!
So, these seven random facts that are, indeed, random because I have no real idea of what to say about myself, are:
1. I strongly maintain that I am probably the most boring person you will ever talk to because I can never think of anything entertaining to divulge about myself at the right time.
2. The most I’ve ever spent on a sweater is £40. On shoes, £50. On books, I lose track. This is probably why I don’t have a car.
3. I once auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent.
4. Verified by a number of people, I usually at least try to be upbeat and friendly (‘effervescent’ according to my A-Level Drama teacher), but my writing is probably some of the most depressing stuff you’ll ever read. Or at the very least, dark.
5. I procrastinate in everything I do; I can start jogging at 6am tomorrow morning, I’ll do the laundry tomorrow afternoon, chapter three can be written tomorrow night … after I’ve found other, less important, things to do …
6. I have designs on being a female Easton Ellis or Palahniuk. It’ll never happen, and I know it.
7. I have a tortoise named Raphael, and his favourite food is feet. Really.
And now for the bloggers I feel deserve this award:
Megan [verynormal] – Megan’s blog never fails to be entertaining, and I thoroughly enjoy reading it. ‘Verynormal’ never fails to brighten my day!
Allegra [Here’s To Us] – I’m aware Allegra’s already received a Versatile Blogger Award, but I love reading her blog; she also has a great sense of humour and publishes some very insightful posts.
darkjade68 [The Written Word] – I’ve been reading ‘The Written Word’ for a short while now, and enjoy darkjade’s varied approach to blogging. Indeed, versatile. This isn’t purely a writing blog and features movie reviews amongst other things, which are always great to read, too.
stagecraft [One Writer’s Fears] – a very honest blog, whose posts I can empathise with in a way – with NaNoWriMo looming closer than ever right now, it feels like it’s time to get to work! I really liked what I found here.
rockmelody [Rock Britain] – a great, insightful blog looking into the British rock scene in a very fair, informative way. I’ve already learned a lot about the scene, and really hope to continue learning!
That concludes my pick, although it was difficult to choose … please check out my Blogroll for more wonderful blogs you should really swing by sometime – you won’t be disappointed. So, without further ado, a huge thanks to all of the bloggers mentioned for maintaining such excellent reading material, as well as all those I’ve linked to!
And finally, another huge thanks to John for awarding me with a Versatile Blogger Award! I’m really, honestly, humbled, considering I’m fairly new to all this. Thanks. (: